We are experienced personal injury & wrongful death lawyers who take a personal interest in our clients and their cases. We are down-to-earth. We are always accessible. We care.
In early 2006, Fred Goldsmith and Rich Ogrodowski formed their Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, law firm of Goldsmith & Ogrodowski to help those who were seriously injured or killed on our highways, railways, waterways, job sites, oil rigs, and gas wells. They learned, as they talked over burgers at the Union Grill, at a time when both were practicing law at larger firms, they shared an unfulfilled passion for helping working people and their families. While they had gained valuable litigation and trial experience working at larger defense law firms in Pittsburgh and Houston, representing large corporations and insurance companies, they decided then and there it was time to put their skills and drive to use for individuals and their families, and to do so in a small, “boutique” law firm setting.
What makes our law firm different:
- When you call and ask for Fred or Rich, you get Fred or Rich, who are the lawyers who will actually be working on your case.
- We take the time to carefully explain to our clients in plain English what their legal rights and options are.
- We believe our clients deserve personalized, outstanding, and responsive representation.
- We are known for the compassion we have for our clients and their families.
- We do not engage in volume litigation. Instead, we prefer to devote our time and resources to a select group of significant cases.
- While we are a relatively young firm, our lawyers have collectively practiced law for more than 45 years.
- We are zealous and strategic advocates for our clients in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio, at the trial and appellate levels, and before state and federal administrative agencies. We are also down-to-earth and approachable people.